Multitek™ Adhesive SDW
Universal, solvent free, thixotropic, 2-component epoxy glue to be used on dry or wet surfaces
Universal, solvent free, thixotrope, 2-component epoxy adhesive. All components are pre-weighted resulting in an easy to mix system:
- A-component : Epoxy resin
- B-component : Polyamine hardener
Field of Application
- Application of Colfex™ waterproofing tape on dry surfaces.
- For gluing in thin layers or repairing pre-cast concrete elements, wood, metal, porous stone, natural stone, etc.
- Adhesion to wood, stone and concrete surpasses material cohesion
- Multitek Adhesive SDW is solvent free
- Fast curing, even at low temperatures
- Very good mechanical properties
- High wear and impact resistance
- Cures without shrinking
- Easy to mix and use
|A-component||White epoxy resin|
|B-component||Black polyamine hardener|
5kg sets (5.7kg gross)
Technical Data / Properties
|Density (Mixture)||1.8kg / dm3|
|Adhesion to Dry Concrete||Surpasses concrete coherence|
|Adhesion to Wet Concrete||Surpasses concrete coherence|
|Adhesion to Steel||11N / mm2|
|Compressive Strength||65N / mm2|
|Compressive Strength Flexural||35N/ mm2|
|Pot life (100 g at 20°C)||1.5 hour|
|Complete Curing||7 days|
|Minimal Application Temp.||8°C|
|Form Change During Curing||None|
Full chemical or mechanical resistances are only reached after a curing period of 7 days at 21°C. Mechanical properties of epoxy resins decrease at temperatures higher than 50°C.
1. Surface Preparation
- To obtain an optimum adhesion, the surface must be clean, degreased and dust-free. When applying to metal, first remove the milling surface or the oxidised skin.
- Prior to mixing, stir the components separately to eliminate sediments.
- Add B-component completely to A-component. Mix thoroughly with an electric mixer (3-4 min, max 600 rpm) until an uniform grey colour is obtained.
- Avoid mixing air into the mixture.
- The mixing ratio A/B is 3:1.
- Remove the water before application of the adhesive.
- Apply with a spatula, trowel or by hand (wear suitable rubber gloves).
- Apply Multitek Adhesive SDW directly to the surface.
- Perfect application temperature is between 10° and 20°C.
- Mixing and application equipment should be cleaned immediately with Washing Agent Eco. Remove hardened material mechanically.
Multitek Adhesive SDW: 1.8kg / m2 per mm thickness
Multitek Adhesiv SDW should be stored in the original packaging in a dry area. Storage temperature must be between 5°C and 30°C. Once a pail has been opened, the useful life of the material is greatly reduced and should be used as quickly as possible. Shelf life: 2 years.
Health and Safety
Multitek Adhesive A-component is classified as irritating.
Multitek Adhesive B-component is classified as corrosive.
Multitek Adhesive SDW is a product based on epoxy and can therefore cause irritations to skin and mucous membranes which should be protected during application. Always wear protective clothing, gloves, safety goggles and avoid breathing vapours and dust. Use adequate ventilation and wearing a suitable mask is recommended.
Treat splashes to eyes and skin immediately and abundantly with clean water. Consult a doctor when irritation continues.
For full information, consult the relevant Material Safety Data Sheet.
th.gcpat.com | Thailand customer service: 66 2 030 9700
Australia 1800 855 525 email: email@example.com New Zealand +64 9 448 1146 China Mainland +86 21 3158 2888 Hong Kong +852 2675 7898 India +91 124 488 5900 Indonesia +62 21 893 4260 Japan +81 3 5226 0231 Korea +82 32 820 0800 Malaysia +60 3 9074 6133 Philippines +63 49 549 7373 Singapore +65 6265 3033 Thailand +66 2 709 4470 Vietnam +84 8 3710 6168
We hope the information here will be helpful. It is based on data and knowledge considered to be true and accurate, and is offered for consideration, investigation and verification by the user, but we do not warrant the results to be obtained. Please read all statements, recommendations, and suggestions in conjunction with our conditions of sale, which apply to all goods supplied by us. No statement, recommendation, or suggestion is intended for any use that would infringe any patent, copyright, or other third party right.
Multitek and Colflex are trademarks, which may be registered in the United States and/or other countries, of GCP Applied Technologies, Inc. This trademark list has been compiled using available published information as of the publication date and may not accurately reflect current trademark ownership or status.
© Copyright 2017 GCP Applied Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved.
GCP Applied Technologies Inc., 62 Whittemore Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02140, USA
This document is only current as of the last updated date stated below and is valid only for use in Thailand. It is important that you always refer to the currently available information at the URL below to provide the most current product information at the time of use. Additional literature such as Contractor Manuals, Technical Bulletins, Detail Drawings and detailing recommendations and other relevant documents are also available on www.th.gcpat.com. Information found on other websites must not be relied upon, as they may not be up-to-date or applicable to the conditions in your location and we do not accept any responsibility for their content. If there are any conflicts or if you need more information, please contact GCP Customer Service.
Last Updated: 2018-11-30