BITUTHENE® Liquid Membrane (E)
Two-component elastomeric liquid applied detailing compound for use with GCP Applied Technologies waterproof membranes
BITUTHENE® Liquid Membrane (E) detailing compound is designed to complement GCP sheet membranes and systems. BITUTHENE Liquid Membrane (E) detailing compound is designed to be used where liquid applied waterproofing is needed to as part of a system designed to provide system watertight continuity. BITUTHENE Liquid Membrane (E) is a bitumen modified polyurethane sealant that cures to form a tough seamless rubber-like waterproof layer.
Typical details suitable for BITUTHENE Liquid Membrane (E):
- Pile head terminations
- Terminations into DPC
- Pipe and rod penetrations
- Membrane continuity through masonry
- Internal and external corners
- Liquid applied – conforms to irregular profiles
- Waterproof – resistant to water vapour and water pressure
- Tough rubber-like - flexible and damage resistant
- Seamless – joint free membrane
- Chemical cure – The two parts of BITUTHENE Liquid Membrane (E) are mixed on site and troweled on to provide a simple and quick waterproofing and detailing aid in conjunction with BITUTHENE and PREPRUFE® sheet membrane waterproofing systems.
- Cold applied – no hazardous flame required
- PREPRUFE and BITUTHENE membrane compatible – complements both waterproofing systems
BITUTHENE Liquid Membrane (E) — Part A and Part B: two component detailing compound designed for use with GCP products.
When cured BITUTHENE Liquid Membrane (E) forms a tough seamless rubber-like waterproofing for penetrations, laps, and other critical detail areas
Ancillary/Companion Products used with BITUTHENE Liquid Membrane (E):
BITUTHENE and PREPRUFE membranes as detailed on GCP published application guides, data sheets and
Limitations of Use
- BITUTHENE Liquid Membrane (E) detailing compound is not intended for any other use, other than those specifically detailed in this data sheet or any supplementary product literature found at the local sites within gcpat.com. For any use not mentioned within this data sheet, contact GCP Technical Services for guidance. Contact GCP Technical Services where any other use is anticipated or intended.
- BITUTHENE Liquid Membrane (E) detailing compound is designed where in-service temperatures will not exceed 54°C.
- BITUTHENE Liquid Membrane (E) is not designed for permanently exposed applications. It is required that concrete must be poured within 56 days (or 42 days in hot climates) of application.
Note that because of local regulations, test standards and customs, product literature and offerings may be different in various locations. If you have any questions or comments, please contact your local customer service at email@example.com.
Safety and Handling Information
Users must read and understand the product label and safety data sheet (SDS) for each system component. All users should acquaint themselves with this information prior to working with the products and follow the precautionary statements. SDSs can be obtained by contacting your local GCP representative or office.
- All products must be handled and stored consistent with BITUTHENE Liquid Membrane (E) detailing compound methods statement of BITUTHENE and PREPRUFE.
- All BITUTHENE Liquid Membrane (E) detailing compound product should be stored upright in its original container.
- Product Shelf Life: 1 year from date of manufacture
- Store in dry conditions between +10°C and 45°C
- Store off ground, under tarps or otherwise protected from rain, moisture and direct sunlight.
Only apply BITUTHENE Liquid Membrane (E) in dry weather and when air temperatures are between 5°C and 40°C.
Surfaces must be structurally sound and free of voids, spalled areas, loose aggregate and sharp protrusions. Repair concrete defects such as spalled or poorly consolidated areas and remove sharp protrusions. Remove contaminants such as grease, oil and wax from exposed surfaces. Remove dust, dirt, loose stone and debris. Concrete must be properly cured (minimum 7-days for normal structural concrete and 14-days for lightweight structural concrete) and shall be dry to <5% moisture content. Substrate temperature shall be between 5°C and 45°C. PREPRUFE and BITUTHENE membrane surfaces shall be clean, dry and undamaged.
BITUTHENE Liquid Membrane (E) pack is supplied in a single can containing Part A base with the Part B reactor located separately under the can lid. Using a slow speed mixer, pre-mix part A then, add Part B (clear) to Part A (black). Mix the two parts for approximately 1 minute at 100 rpm. Mix for a further 2-3 minutes at 200-300 rpm until uniform blending is achieved. Scrape the sides and bottom of the container during mixing to ensure thorough blending. At ambient temperatures below +10°C, store overnight at +20°C to improve blending and workability. Clean tools and equipment before BITUTHENE LM (E) liquid membrane has cured.
When used as a stand alone system, BITUTHENE Liquid Membrane (E) are mixed and applied in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions with a trowel or float, solid barrel gun or hand held squeegee to achieve a minimum thickness of 1.5mm. Apply to a minimum thickness of 2.5mm when used as a detailing aid with BITUTHENE or PREPRUFE membranes.
Once mixed BITUTHENE Liquid Membrane (E) should be applied within 30mins to one hour. Material thickens quicker as the ambient temperature increases, which thickened material must be discarded. BITUTHENE Liquid Membrane (E) shall be allowed to cure for 24 hours before being overlapped by BITUTHENE or PREPRUFE Membranes.
A minimum overlap of the BITUTHENE sheet membrane of 50 mm shall be provided and where applicable between 50 mm and 75 mm onto PREPRUFE sheet membranes.
BITUTHENE Liquid Membrane (E) is designed to adhere to clean, dry concrete and metal substrates.
BITUTHENE Liquid Membrane (E) application should be sequenced as detailed in any drawings or installation instructions for BITUTHENE and PREPRUFE waterproofing membranes.
BITUTHENE Liquid Membrane (E) is not designed for permanently exposed applications. It is required that concrete must be poured within 56 days (or 42 days in hot climates) of application.
|BITUTHENE Liquid Membrane (E)||5.7 litre pack (Parts A & B)|
|Shelf Life||12 months|
|Heavy duty variable speed mixer (100 - 500 rpm) with paddle type mixing impeller. Solid barrel gun, spatula, trowel or float.|
|Approximate Coverage||BITUTHENE LM (E)
5.7 litre (Part A & B)
|2.5 mm thick x 300 mm wide||7.6 linear m (2.28 m2 /unit)|
|20 mm Fillet||50 linear m|
th.gcpat.com | Thailand customer service: 66 2 030 9700
We hope the information here will be helpful. It is based on data and knowledge considered to be true and accurate, and is offered for consideration, investigation and verification by the user, but we do not warrant the results to be obtained. Please read all statements, recommendations and suggestions in conjunction with our conditions of sale, which apply to all goods supplied by us. No statement, recommendation or suggestion is intended for any use that would infringe any patent, copyright or other third party right.
ADCOR, BITUTHENE and PREPRUFE are trademarks, which may be registered in the United States and/or other countries, of GCP Applied Technologies Inc. This trademark list has been compiled using available published information as of the publication date and may not accurately reflect current trademark ownership or status.
© Copyright 2022 GCP Applied Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved.
GCP Applied Technologies Inc., 2325 Lakeview Parkway, Alpharetta, GA 30009, USA
GCP Applied Technologies Holdings (Thailand) Limited., 848 Moo 2, Bangpoo Industrial Estate (North), Phraksa Mai, Muang Samutprakarn, Samutprakarn 10280, Thailand
This document is only current as of the last updated date stated below and is valid only for use in Thailand. It is important that you always refer to the currently available information at the URL below to provide the most current product information at the time of use. Additional literature such as Contractor Manuals, Technical Bulletins, Detail Drawings and detailing recommendations and other relevant documents are also available on www.th.gcpat.com. Information found on other websites must not be relied upon, as they may not be up-to-date or applicable to the conditions in your location and we do not accept any responsibility for their content. If there are any conflicts or if you need more information, please contact GCP Customer Service.
Last Updated: 2022-03-23