BITUTHENE® post-applied waterproofing
Proven Performance from the World’s Most Trusted Post-applied Waterproofing Membrane.
Plazas and parking decks. Inverted roofs, green roofs and elevated decks. Basement walls. Tunnels, metro stations and infrastructure products. For each of these applications and more, there's a BITUTHENE® product developed by GCP. BITUTHENE® is the most trusted post-applied waterproofing membranes. Its effectiveness has been proven time and again in countless projects. Long lasting, versatile and easy to instal, BITUTHENE® gets the job done.
BITUTHENE® Product Documents
- Product Name
- Key Benefits
- Applications Type
BITUTHENE® 2000 is a combination of a high density polyethylene film and a self-adhesive rubber/ bitumen compound.
BITUTHENE® 3000/3000HC & BITUTHENE 3000 LT membranes are self-adhesive, rubberized asphalt/polyethylene waterproofng membranes for on grade plaza and parking decks and below grade basements, tunnels and other subterranean applications.
- GCP (Singapore) Pte Ltd is certified to ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 by TUV SUD PSB Pte Ltd
- Specifically designed as a barrier to water, moisture and gas by physically isolating the structure from the surrounding substrate
- Resistant to hydrostatic head resistance
Application on Horizontal Surfaces
(Note: PREPRUFE® pre-applied membranes are recommended for below slab or for any application where the membrane is applied before concreting. See PREPRUFE Waterproofing Membrane product information sheets.)
All horizontal surfaces should be sloped to drain at least 11 mm/m. When a minimum slope of 11 mm/m cannot be achieved, 2 layers of BITUTHENE® Membrane
Apply membrane from the low point to the high point so that laps shed water. Overlap all seams at least 50 mm. Stagger all end laps. Roll the entire membrane firmly and completely as soon as possible. Use a linoleum roller or standard water-filled garden roller less than 760 mm wide, weighing a minimum of 34 kg when filled. Cover the face of the roller with a resilient material such as a 13 mm plastic foam or two wraps of indoor-outdoor carpet to allow the membrane to fully contact the primed substrate. Seal all T-joints and membrane terminations with BITUTHENE® Liquid Membrane by the end of the day.
Application on Vertical Surfaces
Apply membrane in lengths up to 2.5 m. Overlap all seams at least 50 mm. On higher walls apply membrane in two or more sections with the upper overlapping the lower by at least 50 mm. Roll all membrane with a hand roller.
Terminate the membrane at grade level. Press the membrane firmly to the wall with the butt end of a hardwood tool such as a hammer handle or secure into a reglet. Failure to use heavy pressure at terminations can result in a poor seal. All top of wall terminations must be sealed with BITUTHENE Liquid Membrane BITUTHENE® Mastic. A termination bar may be used to ensure a tight seal. At the end of each working day, if the wall has been only partially covered, apply a maximum 6mm bead of BITUTHENE Mastic tooled thin or BITUTHENE Liquid Membrane along the exposed edges of the membrane at its temporary terminations to prevent vertical drainage of precipitation undermining the membrane adhesion.
BITUTHENE® 5000, also known as Heavy Duty BITUTHENE, is a waterproofing material incorporating high strength, heat-resistant mesh embedded in a layer of self-adhesive rubberised asphalt.
- Cold applied
- Parking decks
BITUTHENE® 6000 is ideal for waterproofing structural concrete and civil works such as airports, rapid transit systems, power plants, environmental projects and earth sheltered structures and may be used in lieu of BITUTHENE 3000 on basements and substructures that require extra tough waterproofing protection.
- Cross laminated
- Single layer
- Continuous waterproofing/ tanking system for sub-structures and civil works
BITUTHENE® 6000 EIM, whilst designed as a waterproofing membrane for concrete structures, possesses excellent electrical insulation properties. BITUTHENE is composed of a tough, cross-laminated polyethylene film, backed by a self-adhesive rubberised asphalt compound, all of which components provide high resistance to the passage of direct or alternating current.
- Cross-laminated film
- Cold applied
- Designed as a waterproofing membrane for concrete structures, possesses excellent electrical insulation properties
BITUTHENE® 8000 / 8000 HC Waterproofing Membrane combines the proven BITUTHENE adhesive technology with a unique, grey-coloured carrier film to provide superior performance and easier installation.
- Water and moisture proof
- Non-metalised film
- Designed to be used horizontally or vertically to protect basements and other critical sub-structures from the effects of water, damp and gas penetration
BITUTHENE® CP is a 1.5mm thick FLEXible, preformed waterproof membrane comprising a HDPE polyethylene film and a thick self-adhesive rubber/bitumen compound.
- Single layer
- The membrane has been designed and specially formulated to withstand high ambient temperatures.
BITUTHENE® LM (E) is a bitumen modified polyurethane sealant that cures to form a tough seamless rubber-like waterproof layer.
- Liquid applied – conforms to irregular profiles Waterproof
- resistant to water vapour and water pressure
- Tough rubber-like - flexible and damage resistant
BITUTHENE® Mastic is a rubberized, asphalt-based mastic. It has excellent adhesion to structural concrete, masonry and wood. The VOC (Volatile Organic Compound) content is 200 g/L.
- Excellent adhesion
- Seals terminations, edges of patches and overlaps in detail areas
- Designed to seal terminations, edges of patches and overlaps in detail areas
- Accessory Name
- Key Benefits
- Applications Type
BITUTHENE® Liquid Membranes are two-component, asphalt-modified urethanes and include BITUTHENE LM (trowel grade) for vertical applications and detailing and BITUTHENE Deck Prep (pourable grade) for horizontal applications.
- Liquid applied
- Tough rubber-like
- Fillet and reinforcement material at inside corners
- Flashing material around drains, protrusions, curbs and parapets
- Sealing material at terminations
Flexible and powerful
BITUTHENE® is available in a number of grades to suit your project needs. Supplied as an easily-applied sheet, It can be cold-applied at temperatures as low as 25°F, and can be placed on a variety of concrete surfaces. Its robust waterproofing properties, combined with its ease of application, results in a contractor-friendly product that adds value to buildings.
Apply easily, anywhere
Although the chemical properties of BITUTHENE® make it suitable for a variety of applications, we have added mechanical innovations to further its ease of use and long-term viability.
- Ripcord® design lets workers easily split release liner for ease of positioning
- Cold-applied membrane avoids risk of fire during installation due to the fact that flame and/or hot works are not required
- Self-adhesive overlaps avoid leaky seams and eliminate the need for specialised equipment or training.
- When used with primer, BITUTHENE® can easily be applied to damp or green concrete during time-sensitive construction, saving time and money for the project team.
Unparalleled water protection
Buildings change and settle over time, but BITUTHENE® accommodates those changes.
- Robust film and specially formulated adhesive provide maximum water protection
- Flexible yet strong membrane provides crack bridging capabilities and moves with concrete, accommodating minor settling
- Controlled thickness ensures lack of variation
Get world-class technical services
With so many versatile applications, there’s a BITUTHENE® solution for nearly every project and design. We provides world-class technical services in order to make those limits even smaller.