Organosol™ XP FR
Phthalate-free, fire retarded, fast reacting, high foaming, organo-mineral injection grout for void filling, ground and rock consolidation
Organosol™ XP FR is a two-component, phthalate-free, fire retarded, foaming organo-mineral grout with 1/1 mixing ratio. When injected through a specially designed two-component injection head with static mixer, the grout will expand and cure in a short time. Faster reaction times can be set by using the (optional) accelerator.
Organosol XP FR is supplied in a two-component set:
- A-component : mineral resin
- B-component : polyurethane
- Mixing ratio : 1/1 volumetric
Field of Application
- Due to its high reactivity, Organosol XP FR is well suited for filling voids over very short injection distances.
- Instant stabilisation of the immediate surrounding area.
- In tunnels: for void filling and consolidation of fragmented rock formations, and stabilising semi-permeable soils, very rough sands, and for crevasse filling.
- For the bonding and filling of tubular consolidations, umbrella techniques.
- In mines where only low polymerisation temperatures are allowed.
- Fire resistant to Class M1
- ADR free transport
- Phthalate-free resin, REACH compliant
- Fast reaction times: 60 seconds after mixing of the two components (15°C)
- Due to rapid expansion consumption rate is reduced
- Good compressibility accommodates itself to slight movements of the soil
- Hardened foam does not dissolve into water
- Low polymerisation temperature
- Two-or three-component pumps with a 1/1 ratio, equipped with individual pressure gauges at the pressure side, in order to control the balance of pressures and flow of the components.
- Power supply: compressed air.
- Performance: at least 3 times the reaction pressure of the resin and/or the highest natural counter pressure (Highest factor taken in consideration first).
- The IP 2C-Highflow a compact two-component 1/1 ratio, air driven, pump, that will allow the pressurised injection of twocomponent resins (1/1 ratio).
- All pumps must be flushed regularly with Washing Agent Eco, a special, non-volatile, cleaning agent.
- Injection pressures vary for different applications: e.g. smaller cracks will result in higher friction losses, to be overcome by higher pump pressures. Larger cracks will require lower injection pressures. Usually the rise in pumping pressures will become evident at the final stage, when the crack is completely volume-filled.
- Pressures during injections in rock and soil, such as generated by compression and friction, during the permeation in lowpermeability, low cohesion soils or fractured rock formations are to be limited below the maximum stress bearing capacity of the given formation. In these conditions, the injection pressures will be decided after a thorough analysis of the geological and structural conditions, counter pressures and substrate stability.
- Mechanical or inflatable packers are used. Size and length of packers is determined according to the application.
|Resin (A)||Hardener (B)|
|Density (20°C)||approx. 1.180kg / dm3||approx. 1.200kg / dm3||EN ISO 2811|
|Viscosity (25°C)||approx. 20 mPas||approx. 500 mPas||EN ISO 3219|
|Mixing Ratio (vol.)||1||1|
|Mixing Ratio (weight)||1.18||1.21|
|Compressive Strength||> 30 kPa (free foam)||EN 12190|
|Compressive Strength||approx. 5 MPa (confined geocomposite)||EN 12190|
A-component: Transparent liquid B-component: Dark brown liquid
|22.5L plastic jerry-can||approx. 26.55kg|
|180L metal dru||approx. 212.5kg|
|22.5L metal dru||approx. 27kg|
|180L metal drum||approx. 216kg|
|1 pallet Organosol XP FR|
|12 plastic jerry-cans A-component|
|12 metal drums B-component|
|2 x 180L metal drums A-component|
|2 x 180L metal drums B-component.|
Organosol XP FR is sensitive to moisture and should be stored in original containers in a dry area. Storage temperature must be between 5°C and 30°C. Once a drum or pail has been opened, the useful life of the material is greatly reduced and should be used as quickly as possible. Shelf life at 20°C of Resin (A) and Hardener (B) is 1 year (in unopened packaging).
|Expansion rate (Can be influenced by back pressure)||approx. 30V||approx. 30V|
Has to be estimated by the engineer or operator and depends on width and depth of the cracks and voids to be filled.
To be ordered separately
- IP 2C-Highflow pneumatic two-component injection pump.
- Washing Agent Eco.
- Packers and connectors.
(See respective Technical Data Sheets)
Health and Safety
Organosol XP FR A-component is classified as irritant.
Organosol XP FR B-component is classified as harmful.
All persons in contact with the materials should wear the appropriate protective clothing and gloves. Spills should be washed immediately with abundant quantities of clean water.
For full information, consult the relevant Material Safety Data Sheet.
th.gcpat.com | Thailand customer service: 66 2 030 9700
Australia 1800 855 525 email: email@example.com New Zealand +64 9 448 1146 China Mainland +86 21 3158 2888 Hong Kong +852 2675 7898 India +91 124 488 5900 Indonesia +62 21 893 4260 Japan +81 3 5226 0231 Korea +82 32 820 0800 Malaysia +60 3 9074 6133 Philippines +63 49 549 7373 Singapore +65 6265 3033 Thailand +66 2 709 4470 Vietnam +84 8 3710 6168
We hope the information here will be helpful. It is based on data and knowledge considered to be true and accurate, and is offered for consideration, investigation and verification by the user, but we do not warrant the results to be obtained. Please read all statements, recommendations, and suggestions in conjunction with our conditions of sale, which apply to all goods supplied by us. No statement, recommendation, or suggestion is intended for any use that would infringe any patent, copyright, or other third party right.
Organosol is a trademark, which may be registered in the United States and/or other countries, of GCP Applied Technologies, Inc. This trademark list has been compiled using available published information as of the publication date and may not accurately reflect current trademark ownership or status.
© Copyright 2017 GCP Applied Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved.
GCP Applied Technologies Inc., 62 Whittemore Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02140, USA
This document is only current as of the last updated date stated below and is valid only for use in Thailand. It is important that you always refer to the currently available information at the URL below to provide the most current product information at the time of use. Additional literature such as Contractor Manuals, Technical Bulletins, Detail Drawings and detailing recommendations and other relevant documents are also available on www.th.gcpat.com. Information found on other websites must not be relied upon, as they may not be up-to-date or applicable to the conditions in your location and we do not accept any responsibility for their content. If there are any conflicts or if you need more information, please contact GCP Customer Service.
Last Updated: 2018-11-30