PREPRUFE® 300R Plus & 160R Plus
Pre-applied waterproofing membranes that bond integrally to poured concrete for use below slabs or behind basement walls on confined sites
GCP Applied Technologies (“GCP”) PREPRUFE® 300R Plus & 160R Plus membranes are unique composite sheets comprised of a thick HDPE ﬁlm, pressure sensitive adhesive, and weather resistant protective coating. Designed with Advanced Bond Technology™ and dual adhesive ZipLap™ seams, PREPRUFE® Plus membranes form a unique, integral bond to poured concrete. This integral bond is specifically designed to provide a robust barrier to water, moisture and gas and prevents both the ingress and lateral migration of water.
PREPRUFE® 300R Plus & 160R Plus membranes are release liner free and designed for efficient, reliable installation. PREPRUFE® Plus ZipLap™ seams allow for an adhesive to adhesive bond at membrane sheet overlaps and deliver superior performance in harsh conditions without the need for specialised equipment, heat or power.
- The unique continuous adhesive bond to concrete poured against it is designed to prevent water migration and make it unaﬀected by ground settlement beneath slabs.
- Designed with fully adhered adhesive to adhesive watertight ZipLap™ seams and easy to execute detailing.
- Provides a barrier to water, moisture and gas physically isolating the structure from the surrounding substrate.
- Easy roll/kick out installation reduces installation time and cost.
- Release liner free, expedites installation and reduces construction site waste. Solar reflective surface results in reduced temperature gain.
- Simple and quick to install requiring no priming or fillets.
- Can be applied to permanent formwork - allows maximum use of confined sites.
- Self-protecting - can be traficked immediately after application and ready for immediate placing of reinforcement.
- Installed membrane is unaffected by wet jobsite conditions - cannot activate prematurely.
- Inherently waterproof as supplied. Passive non-reactive waterproofing system does not require water activation.
- Waterproofing is not reliant on confining pressures or hydration. Membrane unaffected by freeze/thaw, wet/dry cycling.
- Chemical resistance - protects structure from salt or sulphate attack and is effective in most types of soils and waters.
- Resistant to methane and radon gasses. Specific independent laboratory test data available on request.
- PREPRUFE® 300R Plus membrane — heavy-duty 46mil (1.2mm) grade membrane designed for horizontal and vertical use. Designed for use below slabs and on rafts (i.e. mud slabs) and for vertical blind side applications. Designed to accept the placing of heavy reinforcement using conventional concrete spacers.
- PREPRUFE® 160R Plus membrane — standard 32mil (0.8mm) grade membrane designed for vertical use in blindside1, zero property line applications against soil retention systems. PREPRUFE® 160R Plus membrane is for vertical use only.
Note 1: System where membrane is place directly against soil retention system from here the hydrostatic head pressure will originate. Single sided concrete form is then placed and concrete is then poured against membrane (between the single sided form and the membrane.)
Ancillary Components (refer to the most current Data Sheets for all system components available on gcpat.com)
- PREPRUFE® Tape LT – low temperature tape for covering cut edges, roll ends, penetrations and detailing in cold weather.
- PREPRUFE® Tape HC – high temperature tape for covering cut edges, roll ends, penetrations and detailing at elevated temperatures.
- PREPRUFE® CJ Tape LT — low temperature joint tape for construction joints, and detailing in cold weather.
- PREPRUFE® CJ Tape HC — high temperature joint tape for construction joints, and detailing in hot weather.
- BITUTHENE® Liquid Membrane — for sealing around penetrations, etc.
- SWELLSEAL® - waterstop for joints in concrete walls and ﬂoors.
- PREPRUFE® Tieback Covers — preformed cover for soil retention wall tieback heads.
- PREPRUFE® 300R Plus LT Plus and 160R Plus LT - membranes are equal alternate membranes with reduced taping requirements for use at low temperatures; see gcpat.com.
- RE-INJECTO™ LB - Re-injectable injection hose for non-moving concrete construction joints and penetrations.
Limitations of Use
- Approved uses only include those uses specifically detailed in this Product Data Sheet and other current Product Data Sheets that can be found at gcpat.com.
- PREPRUFE® 300R Plus & 160R Plus membranes are not intended for any other use. Contact GCP Technical Services where any other use is anticipated or intended.
- PREPRUFE® 300R Plus & 160R Plus membranes are designed for in-service temperatures below 120°F (49°C).
- PREPRUFE® 160R Plus membrane is not for use in horizontal applications.
- PREPRUFE® 300R Plus & 160R Plus membranes are not designed to be used with conventional two-sided formwork. (See PREPRUFE® Technical Letter # 13 (AP) Forming Systems For Use with PREPRUFE® Membranes).
- PREPRUFE® 160R Plus membrane is not for use in the Middle East
Safety and Handling
Users must read and understand the product label and Safety Data Sheets (SDS’s) for each system component before use. All users must acquaint themselves with this information prior to working with the material. Carefully read detailed precaution statements on the product labels and SDS’s before use. The most current SDS’s can be obtained from the gcpat.com web site or by contacting your local GCP representative for support.
- Use on a first in first out basis.
- Store in dry conditions off ground under tarps or otherwise protected from rain and ground moisture.
- All product must be stored in accordance with PREPRUFE® Technical Letter #30 (AP) Shelf Life/Storage and Handling of GCP Waterproofing.
Technical Support, Details and Technical Letters
The most up to date detail drawings and technical letters are available at gcpat.com or from your local GCP Representative. For complete application instructions, please refer to the current GCP Applied Technologies Contractor Handbook and Literature on (www.gcpat.com). Documents in hardcopy as well as information found on websites other than www.gcpat.com may be out of date or in error. Before using this product it is important that information be conﬁrmed by accessing www.gcpat.com and reviewing the most recent product information, including without limitation Product Data Sheets, Contractor Manuals, Technical Bulletins, Detail Drawings and detailing recommendations. Please review all materials prior to installation of PREPRUFE® 300R Plus & 160R Plus membranes. Where documents are not available on the GCP website contact your local GCP representative for support.
Support is also available on all matters by full-time technically trained GCP Applied Technologies field sales representatives and technical service personnel, backed by a central research and development technical services staff. For technical assistance with detailing and problem solving please contact your local in country GCP representative.
- PREPRUFE® 160R plus and 300R Plus membranes can be applied at temperatures of 25°F (-4°C) or above. When installing PREPRUFE® Plus membranes in cold or marginal weather conditions <40°F (<4°C) the use of PREPRUFE® Tape LT is required at all laps and detailing. All surfaces to receive PREPRUFE® Tape LT must be clean and dry and the release liner must be removed immediately after application.
- As an alternate, where temperatures are between 25°F (-4°C) and 60°F(15.5°C) PREPRUFE® 160R plus (LT) and 300R Plus(LT) Low Temperature Membranes can be used without taping of laps.
- PREPRUFE® 300R Plus & 160R Plus membranes are designed for in-service temperatures below 120°F (49°C).
All surfaces - It is essential to create a sound and solid substrate to eliminate movement during the concrete pour. Substrates must be regular and smooth with no gaps or voids greater than 0.5 in. (12 mm). Grout around all penetrations such as utility conduits, etc. for stability.
Horizontal - The substrate must be free of loose aggregate and sharp protrusions. Avoid curved or rounded substrates. When installing over earth or crushed stone, ensure substrate is well compacted to avoid displacement of substrate due to traﬃc or concrete pour. The surface does not need to be dry, but standing water must be removed.
Vertical - Use concrete, plywood, insulation or other approved facing to sheet piling to provide support to the membrane. Board systems such as timber lagging must be close butted to provide support and not more than 12 mm out of alignment. HYDRODUCT® 200 or 220 drainage sheet can be used to bridge voids, gaps and out of alignment up to 50mm prior to PREPRUFE® membrane installation.
PREPRUFE® 300R Plus and 160R Plus membranes have coloured zip strips at the top and bottom of the seam area on the edge of the roll. Both zip strips cover an aggressive adhesive. Once the green zip strip on the top of the membrane and the blue zip strip on the bottom of the membrane are removed, a strong adhesive to adhesive bond is achieved in the overlap area. This PREPRUFE® ZipLap™ provides an enhanced sealing of the overlaps in harsh conditions combined with a fast and easy way of execution without specialised equipment, heat or power.
Horizontal substrates – (PREPRUFE® 300R Plus membrane only)
PREPRUFE® 300R Plus membrane can be applied in horizontal applications to smooth prepared concrete, carton forms or well rolled and compacted earth or crushed stone substrate. Kick out or roll out the membrane HDPE ﬁlm side to the substrate with the green zip strip facing towards the concrete pour. End laps must be staggered to avoid a buildup of layers. Leave green and blue zip strips on the membrane until overlap procedure is completed. When completed remove release liner. When installing over carton forms, contact your local GCP representative.
Accurately position succeeding sheets to overlap the previous sheet 75 mm along the marked selvedge with the blue zip strip on top of the green zip strip. Ensure the underside of the succeeding sheet is clean, dry and free from contamination before attempting to overlap. Peel back and remove both the green and blue zip strips in the overlap area to achieve an adhesive to adhesive bond at the overlap. Ensure a continuous bond is achieved without creases and roll ﬁrmly with a heavy roller.
- PREPRUFE® 300R Plus membrane can be returned up the inside face of slab formwork. To attain a fully bonded system and to allow a tie in with BITUTHENE® self-adhered membrane PROCOR® or SILCOR® fluid-applied membrane, or INTEGRITANK® membrane to all vertical structural surfaces after removal of formwork.
- PREPRUFE® 160R Plus membrane may not be used in horizontal applications.
Vertical substrates –
PREPRUFE® 300R Plus & 160R Plus membranes can be applied vertically to permanent formwork or adjoining structures. Mechanically fasten the membrane vertically using fasteners appropriate for the substrate with the green zip strip facing towards the concrete pour. The membrane may be installed in any convenient length. Fastening should be made through the selvedge within 12mm of the leading edge of the membrane using a small and low proﬁle head fastener so that the membrane lays ﬂat and allows ﬁrmly rolled overlaps. Accurately position succeeding sheets to overlap the previous sheet 75 mm along the marked selvedge with the blue zip strip on top of the green zip strip.
Ensure the underside of the succeeding sheet is clean, dry and free from contamination before attempting to overlap. Peel back and remove both the green and blue zip strips in the overlap area to achieve an adhesive to adhesive bond at the overlap. Roll ﬁrmly to ensure a watertight seal.
Note that PREPRUFE® 300R & 160R membranes must not be used with conventional two-sided formwork. (See PREPRUFE® Technical Letter # 13 (AP) Forming Systems For Use with PREPRUFE® Membranes).
Roll ends and cut edges –
Overlap all roll ends and cut edges by a minimum 75 mm and ensure the area is clean and free from contamination, wiping with a damp cloth if necessary. Allow surface to dry and apply PREPRUFE® Tape LT* (or HC** in hot climates) centered over the lap edges and roll ﬁrmly. Immediately remove tinted plastic release liner from the tape.
*LT denotes Low Temperature (between -4°C and +30°C)
**HC denotes Hot Climates (> +10°C)
Inspect the membrane before installation of reinforcement steel, formwork and ﬁnal placement of concrete. The membrane can be easily cleaned by low pressure power washing if required. Repair damage by wiping the area with a damp cloth to ensure the area is clean and free from dust, and other contaminants and allow the membrane to dry. Repair small punctures and slices 12 mm or less by applying PREPRUFE® Tape centred over the damaged area. Repair punctures and holes larger than 12mm by applying a patch of PREPRUFE® membrane. Extend the patch 150 mm beyond the damaged area. Seal all edges of the patch with PREPRUFE® Tape. Where exposed selvedge has lost adhesion or laps have not been sealed, ensure the area is clean and dry and cover with fresh PREPRUFE® Tape. Any areas of damaged membrane must be covered with PREPRUFE® Tape. All PREPRUFE® Tape must be rolled ﬁrmly and the tinted release liner removed.
Slices or relief cuts can be butted or overlapped and repaired by applying PREPRUFE® Tape centred over the edge of the overlap or centre of the butt joint. Where it is not possible to create a butt joint or overlap, repair with fresh membrane and PREPRUFE® Tape as detailed above.
Pouring of Concrete
Prior to placing concrete ensure the plastic release liner is removed from all areas of PREPRUFE® membranes and PREPRUFE® tape. The PREPRUFE® membrane surface must be free of contaminants, dirt and debris and all standing water prior to placement of the concrete.
It is required that concrete be poured within 56 days (42 days in hot climates) of placement of the membrane. Following proper ACI guidelines, concrete must be placed carefully and consolidated properly to avoid damage to the membrane. Never use a sharp object to consolidate the concrete. Provide temporary protection from concrete splash over for areas of the PREPRUFE® membrane that are adjacent to the concrete pour.
Removal of Formwork
A minimum concrete compressive strength of 20 N/mm2 is required prior to stripping formwork supporting PREPRUFE® membranes. Premature stripping may result in displacement of the membrane and/or spalling of the concrete.
After removal of the formwork and prior to backﬁlling, all exposed PREPRUFE® membrane must be protected from damage with an approved protective course.
|Dimensions (Nominal)||PREPRUFE® 300R Plus Membrane||PREPRUFE® 160R Plus Membrane|
|Roll size Note #1||1.17m x 31.15m||1.17m x 36.6m|
|Roll weight||49 kg||42 kg|
|Overlap Allowance: when calculating coverage account for the Minimum side/end laps)||75 mm||75 mm|
Note#1 Individual roll length may vary +/-1%
The most current supply information for ancillary products can be found at gcpat.com.
Physical Properties (Typical values)
|Property||PREPRUFE® 300R Plus||PREPRUFE® 160R Plus||Test Method|
|Thickness||1.2 mm||0.8 mm||ASTM D3767|
|Lateral Water Migration Resistance||Pass at 71 m of hydrostatic head pressure||Pass at 71 m of hydrostatic head pressure||ASTM D5385 1|
|Low temperature flexibility||Unaffected at -29°C||Unaffected at -29°C||ASTM D1970|
|Resistance to hydrostatic head||71 m||71 m||ASTM D53852|
|Tensile strength, film||27.6 MPa||27.6 MPa||ASTM D412|
|Crack cycling at -9.4°F (-23°C), 100 cycles||Unaffected, Pass||Unaffected, Pass||ASTM C8364|
|Puncture resistance||890 N||445 N||ASTM E154|
|Peel adhesion to concrete||880 N/m||880 N/m||ASTM D9035|
|Lap peel adhesion||1408 N/m||1408 N/m||ASTM D18766|
|Permeance to water vapour transmission||0.01 perms (0.6 ng/(Pa x s x m2))||0.01 perms (0.6 ng/(Pa x s x m2))||ASTM E96, method B|
|Resistance to impact (Al board(mm)-MLV)||≥400||≥250||EN 12691|
|Durability of water tightness against ageing/degradation||Pass||Pass||EN 1296
|Durability of water tightness against chemicals at 60kPa||Pass||Pass||EN 1847
|Compatibility with bitumen||Pass||Pass||EN 1548|
|Resistance to static loading||≥20 Pass||≥20 Pass||EN 12730|
1. Lateral water migration resistance is tested by casting concrete against membrane with a hole and subjecting the membrane to hydrostatic head pressure with water. The test measures the resistance of lateral water migration between the concrete and the membrane.
2. Hydrostatic head tests of PREPRUFE® Membranes are performed by casting concrete against the membrane with a lap. Before the concrete cures, a 3 mm spacer is inserted perpendicular to
membrane to create a gap. The cured block is placed in a chamber where water is introduced to the membrane surface up to the head indicated.
3. Elongation of membrane is run at a rate of 50 mm per minute.
4. Concrete is poured against the active surface of the membrane and allowed to properly cure.
5. Concrete is cast against the PREPRUFE® membrane and allowed to cure (7 days minimum).
6. Concrete is cast against the protective coating surface of the membrane and allowed to properly cure (7 days minimum). Peel adhesion of membrane to concrete is measured at a rate of 50 mm per minute at 22°C.
7. The test is conducted 15 minutes after the lap is formed and run at a rate of 50 mm per minute at 22°C.
th.gcpat.com | Thailand customer service: 66 2 030 9700
Australia 1800 855 525 New Zealand 0800 552 235 China Mainland +86 21 3158 2888 Hong Kong +852 2675 7898 India +91 124 488 5900 Indonesia +62 21 893 4260 Japan +81 3 5226 0231 Korea +82 32 820 0800 Malaysia +60 3 9074 6133 Philippines +63 49 549 7373 Singapore +65 6265 3033 Thailand +66 2 709 4470 Vietnam +84 8 3710 6168
We hope the information here will be helpful. It is based on data and knowledge considered to be true and accurate, and is offered for consideration, investigation and verification by the user, but we do not warrant the results to be obtained. Please read all statements, recommendations, and suggestions in conjunction with our conditions of sale, which apply to all goods supplied by us. No statement, recommendation, or suggestion is intended for any use that would infringe any patent, copyright, or other third party right.
ADCOR, PREPRUFE, PROCOR, SILCOR, INTEGRITANK and BITUTHENE are trademarks, which may be registered in the United States and/or other countries, of GCP Applied Technologies Inc. This trademark list has been compiled using available published information as of the publication date and may not accurately reﬂect current trademark ownership or status.
© Copyright 2018 GCP Applied Technologies Inc. All rights reserved.
GCP Applied Technologies Inc., 62 Whittemore Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02140 USA.
This document is only current as of the last updated date stated below and is valid only for use in Thailand. It is important that you always refer to the currently available information at the URL below to provide the most current product information at the time of use. Additional literature such as Contractor Manuals, Technical Bulletins, Detail Drawings and detailing recommendations and other relevant documents are also available on www.th.gcpat.com. Information found on other websites must not be relied upon, as they may not be up-to-date or applicable to the conditions in your location and we do not accept any responsibility for their content. If there are any conflicts or if you need more information, please contact GCP Customer Service.
Last Updated: 2019-03-04